[GRASS-dev] Create new location from EPSG code backport problem

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 10:10:44 EDT 2007

Hello Hamish
I'm not sure if it's correct/optimum in the current CVS. I posted some
plans here:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=9125507&framed=y
that I think should be fixed before it goes into a stable release.

In particular I'm not sure if the logic in the Tcl code for the order of
the various g.proj calls and the value of the datumtrans= option is
correct yet. IIRC the location should be created on the first attempt if
there is no list of datum transformation paramters, and the default when
there is a choice should be 0 (unspecified) rather than forcing the first
set. But the Tcl code doesn't do this.

Will try and find time to have a look at it.

Paul