[GRASS-dev] Re: [GDAL] #1587: Error compiling gdal-grass against gdal 1.4.1

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Apr 25 15:00:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

it is currently no more possible to compile the official
GRASS-GDAL-OGR plugin against GRASS 6.3-CVS. There is
a bug report open at GDAL:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1587

In summary, there a certain function definition needs
to be conditionalized upon the GRASS version but there
is the problem that it is defined as char in
include/version[.in].

Following question is open:

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 03:58:03PM -0000, GDAL wrote:
> #1587: Error compiling gdal-grass against gdal 1.4.1
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  perrygeo     |        Owner:  mloskot
>      Type:  defect       |       Status:  reopened
> Comment (by mloskot):
>
>  Markus,
>
>  Would it be possible to have version definition as a preprocessor macro
>  instead of character object?
>
>  Ideally, I think it would be best if there is a version macro defined as a
>  number calculated as:
>
>  {{{
>  MAJOR * 100000 + MINOR * 100 + MICRO
>  }}}
>
>  what for '''6.3.0''' results as '''600300'''.
>
>  This way we have a value that can be easily calculated from version string
>  and makes it very easy to compare if one version is lower/higher from
>  another one.
>
>  What do you think?
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1587#comment:7>
> GDAL <http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/>
> Geospatial Data Abstraction Library is a translator library for raster and vector geospatial data formats.

Please suggest - the result should then be posted into the
GDAL bugtracker (you need to register for this, see trac).

Markus