[GRASS-dev] A couple wx GUI problems

William Kyngesburye kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 8 23:01:13 EDT 2007

A couple random WX GUI problems:

- If I had previously run GRASS in a DB on an external disk, then
unmounted the disk, when I run GRASS again with the wx GUI, GRASS
complains that it can't find the DB and bails, instead of opening the
gis_set.py dialog and letting me choose a different DB.

The drag-n-drop I added to the OSX app works to reset this (and I
imagine the equivalent CLI startup with a mapset path will do the
same on other systems), but it's a bit annoying if I want to create a
new location or mapset in a location - I have to open an existing one
first.

I recall someone had a similar problem a while back (which spurred me
to add the drag-n-drop feature).  Any progress made on this?

- It appears that the dialogs from the command line still use TclTk.
Totally separate from the wx GUI?  I hope that changes in the future.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin