[GRASS-dev] v.what compiling error

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Aug 24 12:29:05 EDT 2007

On Aug 24, 2007, at 9:59 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

>> I have exactly the same warnings at the end, AND NO MORE.  The only
>> difference with my compile is that I use different optimization
>> settings.  I turn off debug symbols and optimize with Apple's
>> default, -Os.  Before configuring:
>>
>> export CFLAGS=-Os
>> export CXXFLAGS=-Os
>>
>> I don't know if that could affect the link step (that long gcc line).
>
> Dunno. I could try it. Do you get an error when you call v.what
> from the GUI
> menu?

Tcl or Python gui?  I haven't reverted to wx 2.8.4.0 from 2.8.4.2, so
my python gui doesn't run.

In the Tcl gui, it opens a tiny empty "dialog0" window and spits out
some tcl code in the Terminal:

begin_dialog {v.what} {
label {}
desc {Queries a vector map layer at given locations.}
key {vector, querying}
}
add_flag 1 {
name {d}
desc {Print topological information (debugging)}
answer 0
label {}
guisection {}
}
add_flag 2 {
name {a}
desc {Print attribute information}
answer 0
label {}
guisection {}
}
add_option 3 {
name {map}
type {name}
multi 1
desc {Name of input vector map}
required 1
options {}
descs {}
answer {}
prompt {old,vector,vector}
label {}
guisection {}
}
add_option 4 {
name {east_north}
type {east,north}
multi 1
desc {If not given reads from standard input}
required 0
options {}
descs {}
answer {}
prompt {}
label {Coordinates for query}
guisection {}
}
add_option 5 {
name {distance}
type {float}
multi 0
desc {Query threshold distance}
required 0
options {}
descs {}
answer {0}
prompt {}
label {}
guisection {}
}
add_xflag 6 {
name {quiet}
desc {Run with minimal output messages}
answer 0
label {Run quietly}
guisection {}
}
end_dialog 6
PNG: GRASS_TRUECOLOR status: TRUE
PNG: collecting to file:
/Users/kyngchaos/Documents/gis/grassdb/spearfish60/PERMANENT/.tmp/
Sumomo.local/8554.0.ppm,
GRASS_WIDTH=641, GRASS_HEIGHT=482

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that
the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy
between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe