[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][566] g.rename fails to rename maps

grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Fri Dec 21 09:33:23 EST 2007

code I item #566, was opened at 2007-12-21 10:33
Issue type: module bug
Issue status: None
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
GRASS component: general
Operating system: Linux
Operating system version: Ubuntu 7.10
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 071221

Initial Comment:
In spearfish:

$ g.list rast
raster files available in mapset <PERMANENT>:
aspect          erosion1        quads           soils           strm.dist
bugsites        fields          railroads       soils.Kfactor   texture
density         geology         roads           soils.Tfactor   tractids
elevation.10m   landcover.30m   rstrct.areas    soils.ph        transport.misc
elevation.dem   landcover.orig  rushmore        soils.range     trn.sites
elevation.dted  landuse         slope           spot.image      uparea
erode.index     owner           soil.br.depth   streams         vegcover

$ g.rename rast=aspect,Aspect
Rename raster <aspect> to <Aspect>

$ g.list rast
raster files available in mapset <PERMANENT>:
aspect          erosion1        quads           soils           strm.dist
bugsites        fields          railroads       soils.Kfactor   texture
density         geology         roads           soils.Tfactor   tractids
elevation.10m   landcover.30m   rstrct.areas    soils.ph        transport.misc
elevation.dem   landcover.orig  rushmore        soils.range     trn.sites
elevation.dted  landuse         slope           spot.image      uparea
erode.index     owner           soil.br.depth   streams         vegcover

# Using the 6.3.svn version:

$ which g.rename
/usr/local/grass-6.3.svn/bin/g.rename

But I can't find g.rename anywhere in my source tree; there's nothing on osgeo.org, either:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/general
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/scripts

?

~ Eric.