[GRASS-dev] WxPython front-end to ps.map

Jáchym Čepický jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 04:11:46 EST 2007

hi,

2007/2/8, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>:
> Hamish:
> > > ps.map now has an optional 'border' instruction to control the
> > > existence, color, and width of the box around the map area.
>
> Paul:
> > That's great! Will be a godsend to someone somewhere I'm sure.
>
> The next step is to write a wxPython GUI cartographic composer frontend
> which will create a ps.map instructions file and run that to create a
> PostScript file. ps.map can make very professional hardcopy maps, but it
> needs a user friendly front-end.
>
> see
>   http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_GUI#Components
>
> There was a TclTk start for this in d.m, gui/tcltk/d.m/print.tcl.
>
> This is not meant replace a Print button for the current display
> monitor, it's a stand alone hardcopy plot generator. That print button
> could write to a ps.map file, but maybe it is very easy to write
> directly to PostScript from the map canvas, like Michael has done for
> gis.m?
>

> Hamish

As soon as new map display class will be defined in wxPython, I would
like to build georectifing, ps.map and digitizing tool on top of it.

Michael is currently working on it. We are using wxPython 2.8, and
there are small problems with this version on debian-based distros
(compilation works well, but the packaging system does not like some
definitions).

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky