[GRASS-dev] WxPython front-end to ps.map

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Feb 8 06:48:45 EST 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> > As soon as new map display class will be defined in wxPython, I would
> > like to build georectifing, ps.map and digitizing tool on top of it.
>
> Is there any possibility of changing the display system so that vector
> data is displayed as such in the display or at least the content of the
> display could be directly exported to ps or pdf as vector ?

No. At least, not in the short/medium term.

You're talking about a completely new display architecture. The
current architecture is entirely unsuitable for writing a
PostScript/PDF/SVG/etc "driver".

Note that any display architecture which *was* suitable for generating
PostScript/etc output would be rule out the use of G_plot_polygon()
etc for rendering, so d.vect would need to be fixed.