[GRASS-dev] g.proj to create a new location

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 21:21:25 EST 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> I've followed this closely and tried to save relevant emails, but it's
> been a bit complicated. I've been trying to put aside TclTk and work
> on the wx.Python GUI, but this seems important to do in the existing
> TclTk interface.
>
> Any chance you could briefly summarize how g.proj now works (or will
> work) with these changes so that I can try to update the TclTk
> interface for this?

The non-interactive datum parm bit isn't ready yet, so no TclTk changes
to worry about right now.

This is ready:

  g.proj -c proj4=+init=epsg:$epsg_code location=$epsgLocation

can now be:

  g.proj -c epsg=$epsg_code location=$epsgLocation

But you will still get prompted for transform parms if needed.

Once the datumtrans= list + selection option is working there will be
some TclTk'ing required to take advantage of that.

Hamish