[GRASS-dev] Profiler updates

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Feb 11 15:11:06 EST 2007

Maris,

I committed your patch to profile.tcl with a few modifications. The window
placement is a nice improvement. There was already an error trap for
profiles with a 0 length, so I deleted your 2nd trap for this condition. I
also moved the trap for elevation range = 0 up a bit to immediately after
the spot where the procedure for generating elevation range is called.

I thought of another potential problem but haven¹t found a way to trap it.
If you send r.profile any coordinates that extend beyond the current region,
it will crash and crash the entire GUI‹in spite of the fact that the call to
r.profile is trapped with a catch statement. The profiler generates correct
coordinates for any place on the display, regardless of whether it extends
beyond the region boundaries or not. However, r.profile apparently chokes on
coordinates outside the region.

I¹m not sure if this can really be called a bug in r.profile, but it should
probably fail more gracefully.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University