[GRASS-dev] gis.m, thematic layer: You must open a display monitor

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 13 08:19:00 EST 2007

Michael,

I am seeing a new error for d.vect.thematic. Trying to display a
thematic layer fails with the message: *** You must open a display
monitor ***

I can reproduce this with any spearfish vector layer.

The problem seems to be in lines 336-345 where it checks for the
existance of an x-monitor. It seems to do this unconditionally, so even
if you run it from the GIS Manager it still checks and fails if there is
not monitor.

I can't find anything recent in the commit logs that would explain this,
so before trying to go deeper into it, I wanted to know if you had an
idea why this is suddenly happening.

Moritz