[GRASS-dev] Re: please review: draft announcement for future 6.3.0 release

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 18:29:49 EST 2007

Markus wrote:
> As soon as the pressing problems are solved :-)
> Not in a day's range, IMHO.

TODO list at:
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_6.3_Feature_Plan

high priority:
    * complete and stabilize the native winGRASS port
    * modify Makefile system to support translated HTML pages. Store
	translated HTML files in centralized directory with locale
	specificsubdirs, file name is module name.
    * replace r.proj with r.proj.seg; d.text with d.text.new

FWIW, I'm in no rush for it, and after 6.3.0 is released I think we
should still emphasize 6.2.x as the best version for all platforms
except native Windows and devels. Even then we need to highlight that it
is the first alpha/beta release for Win, as there will be problems. It
is of course nice to have everything else in place long before the
release.

Hamish