[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Feb 14 08:23:15 EST 2007

On 14/02/07 11:57, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> Now g.manual starts in its original form (no playing around with g.parser
>> calls), but I get:
>>
>> g.manual entry=d.vect
>> Starting browser <url_handler.bat> for module d.vect...
>> url_handler.bat file://c:/GRASS/grass-6.3.cvs/docs/html/d.vect.html
>>
>> And then nothing happens.
>
> Does running the command directly from a command prompt work? It's
> possible that the MSys shell is interfering in some way.

Yes, running
url_handler.bat file://c:/GRASS/grass-6.3.cvs/docs/html/d.vect.html
launches my default browser with the d.vect man page.

Concerning the wrong setting for GISRC, this seems to come from the
following line in etc/Init.bat:

set WINGISRC=%HOME%\.grassrc6

'echo %HOME%' just results in %HOME%. Is HOME a valid Win env variable
(and what would $HOME actually be in a windows environment) ?

Moritz