[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][292] main makefile overrides INST_DIR with exact same value as is in platform.make

grass-codei at wald.intevation.org grass-codei at wald.intevation.org
Wed Feb 14 10:48:06 EST 2007

code I item #292, was opened at 2007-02-14 09:48
Issue type: None
Issue status: None
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
GRASS component: build
Operating system: MacOS X
Operating system version: 10.4
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD): 070212

Initial Comment:
Platform.make.in has:

INST_DIR          = @prefix@/grass- at GRASS_VERSION_MAJOR@. at GRASS_VERSION_MINOR@. at GRASS_VERSION_RELEASE@

Makefile has, after including platform.make:

INST_DIR=		${prefix}/grass-${GRASS_VERSION_MAJOR}.${GRASS_VERSION_MINOR}.${GRASS_VERSION_RELEASE}

which works out to the same.

This is redundant and unnecessary.  And IF someone wants to hand-edit platform.make to override the "grass-version" subfolder for the install dir (yes, I know it's not recommended), they must also change the makefile.