[GRASS-dev] Modules (was: Cygwin winGRASS 6.2 Errors! [SUCESS})

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 15 14:17:50 EST 2007

If it's any help, I've already written pure TclTk replacements for
    i.vpoints
    i.points
    d.profile

Also, r.li.* looks to be replacing r.le.* soon.

I'd like to replace d.histogram with wx.Python in the new GUI.

Probably the i.orthophoto modules can be replace with GUI versions in the
same way I did with the georectifier.

Michael

On 2/15/07 6:44 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> I've been looking at the work involved in updating the graphics API to
> something more useful. The main issue isn't writing a new API, but
> modifying existing clients to make use of it. In terms of existing
> usage of the R_* functions, the top 10 users are:
>
>      79 imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2image
>      72 imagery/i.vpoints
>      69 imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2target
>      63 imagery/i.points
>      45 imagery/i.class
>      38 display/d.vect
>      32 display/d.histogram
>      27 display/d.profile
>      19 imagery/i.ask
>      18 raster/r.le/r.le.setup
>
> In spite of the "d." prefix being intended for display modules, the
> first d.* module (d.vect) is in 6th place, behind 5 imagery modules (2
> of which are part of i.ortho.photo).

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213