[GRASS-dev] Modules

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Feb 19 01:25:51 EST 2007

Brad,

Have you taken a look at the TclTk replacement for i.points, i.vpoints, and
the non-existent but hypothetical v.points? Could this code be used for
interactive point selection in i.ortho.photo too? It lets the user
interactively create an ascii points file with associated east,north and x,y
pairs that is used to rectify the image.

Michael

On 2/18/07 10:39 PM, "Brad Douglas" <rez at touchofmadness.com> wrote:

> I'm slowly getting through the imagery modules, but have not committed
> anything, in part because of BLAS/LAPACK.  IIRC, little things like
> i.ask can be removed simply by updating the code to use Option, etc.
> Most of the imagery modules have not been touched in many years.
>
> Making the modules non-interactive is not terribly difficult.  In the
> case of i.ortho.photo, coordinates could be passed in either in vector
> or text format.  But I insist that an interactive point selection option
> be made available when coordinates are not known in advance (especially,
> in the case of i.ortho.photo where residuals are calculated).

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671