[GRASS-dev] Modules

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 03:22:32 EST 2007

Brad Douglas wrote:

> Making the modules non-interactive is not terribly difficult.  In the
> case of i.ortho.photo, coordinates could be passed in either in vector
> or text format.  But I insist that an interactive point selection
> option be made available when coordinates are not known in advance
> (especially, in the case of i.ortho.photo where residuals are
> calculated).

so the new GUI sets up a canvas and picks the coordinates, and that is
fed into i.ortho.photo using the vector text format. We just need to
pass the interactive info from the new GUI to the module through a pipe
to stdin or a file= option tunnel, and recreate the info needed to setup
the GUI backdrop.

Hamish