[GRASS-dev] Modules

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 18:24:42 EST 2007

Brad Douglas wrote:
> Glynn also mentioned that in order to do what we want on Windows, one
> would have to purchase a QT license, which is not feasible, IMO.

This is not an issue with the new version of Qt, and in the time frame
we are working with for the new GUI the issue will disappear before we
would be finished. So I wouldn't worry about it, the solution is already
well in the pipeline and will be solved with the next version of QGIS.

Glynn Clements wrote:
> The problem is that we have maybe a dozen modules all implementing
> interactive editing of point data themselves. If you wanted to add a
> particular feature to all of them (e.g. select all points within a
> circle, or select the closest point to a user-specified x,y
> coordinate), you have to implement it separately for all of them.

We could make a common gui toolkit library with customized front-ends/
skins for each digitizing task, or one digitizer to bind them all as
Michael suggested?

I have never used the ortho photo modules, so I'm not really sure how
compatible the needs are. I agree that it is silly to have a dozen
duplicate digitizing modules.

btw,  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_GUI#Digitizer

Hamish