[GRASS-dev] Modules

Jáchym Čepický jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 03:09:16 EST 2007

hi,

2007/2/19, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:
> On 18/02/07 19:01, Glynn Clements wrote:
> > Glynn Clements wrote:

[...]
> > It turns out that you can, but the GPL version doesn't support
> > polylines, which is probably a fairly major omission for a potential
> > v.digit replacement.
> >

> I think I have missed something in the discussion: does it seem too
> difficult to develop a replacement of v.digit based on v.edit ? It seems
> a bit overkill to require the use of an external CAD package for
> digitizing, which IMHO is one of the core functions of a GIS.
>
> Moritz

Idea of v.edit is to be a CLI backend for future v.digit. I do not
know, if swig sollution would not be better. But we have to build new
map display using wxPython to be able to develop something

currently, one limitation does v.edit have. topology needs to be build
after every editing. This will make it unusable for large rasters. but
IMHO we do not need to build whole topology, we need just something to
be able to use functions like Vect_find_line,
Vect_select_lines_by_box, and so on

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky gmail com