[GRASS-dev] g.rename consolidation

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 08:42:38 EST 2007

Hi,

I have tried to consolidate g.rename module with g.copy/g.remove
modules. I hope I did it in the right way. The messages like

raster: renamed
header: renamed
category: renamed
color: renamed
history: renamed
misc: renamed
fcell: missing
g3dcell: missing
colr2/martin: missing

are printed out only in maximum level of verbosity.

The message

Rename <el> to <el1>

is now also printed when GRASS_VERBOSITY is "1". I vote for using
*G_message*, not fprintf() for this puspose. The verbosity level "1"
should be used only for G_percent(), not for "standard" messages at
all.

verbose.c now says

 * \return 0 - module should print nothing but errors and warnings
(G_fatal_error, G_warning)
 * \return 1 - module will print progress information (G_percent)
 * \return 2 - module will print all messages (G_message)
 * \return 3 - module will be very verbose. Triggered by "--v".

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *