[GRASS-dev] Modules

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Feb 22 01:04:43 EST 2007

Glynn,

I'm fairly tied up for a couple of days but really intrigued by these
changes. Is this at a point where someone like me could actually make use of
these new features? (i.e., from outside the C environment). Can I call them
from TclTk? Could Jachym call them from wx.Python?

Michael

On 2/21/07 9:56 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

>>> To this end, I've started refactoring v.digit in the hope of making it
>>> easier to use a conventional GUI toolkit.
>>>
>>> So far, I've modified attr.c and line.c, corresponding to the
>>> following "tools":
>>>
>>> copy cats
>>> display attributes
>>> display cats
>>> new line
>>> edit line
>>> move line
>>> delete line
>>
>> I've now modified the remaining tools, namely:
>>
>> split line
>> add vertex
>> move vertex
>> remove vertex
>> zoom pan
>> zoom window
>>
>> All usage of R_get_location_with_* is now localised to a single
>> function.
>
> The next bit is somewhat more radical, so I haven't committed it to
> CVS yet.
>
> The attached patch completely eliminates the use of the raster library
> and display drivers by v.digit, in favour of a Tk canvas widget. The
> patch needs to be applied from within the v.digit directory.
>
> Testing and comments would be appreciated.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

WWW - http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton
Phone: 480-965-6262