[GRASS-dev] GRASS-TNG

Hruby Martin hrubym at fit.vutbr.cz
Thu Feb 22 11:31:43 EST 2007

Hello all,

I am Radek's supervisor in his master thesis which should be a part of
this mentioned project. The project itself seems to be too huge to become
an one-man-show. For this reason, we have started asking our friends and
collegues in our country, like Martin Landa and Jachym Cepicky for their
help and comments.

Opening idea is that GRASS is too old fashioned to keep it in development
in current programming style. Some people will agree, some people not. We
just want to remake the GIS kernel and to rewrite current modules to the
new fashion. The whole philosophy of GRASS should remain the same.

So, this is a fork to main stream development. Or, better say, this is
more a research. If someone wants to join, then is welcome ;-) This
project may be a very nice experiment.

regards,

Martin Hruby