[GRASS-dev] [bug #5167] (grass) v.patch: -a(ppend) issues

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Feb 22 13:54:32 EST 2007

mlanda wrote (Thu, Feb 22 2007 13:23:01):

> I am not sure how to enable overwriting existing files. There should be no
> code before calling G_parser(). So it seems there is no way how to enable
> overwriting  together with the -a flag.
>
> I committed to CVS extended flag description
>
>   -a   Append files to existing file (overwriting existing files must be
> activated)

That's some help, thanks!

> Can you reproduce the problem with topology using spearfish dataset?

Any location:

v.random map1 n=1
v.random map2 n=1
v.patch -a in=map1 out=map2 --o

Try opening map2 in QGIS - no layers available. However, you can display and
query it fine in GRASS.

v.info map2 doesn't report anything suspicious. However, running v.build map2
or opening it with v.digit, validates it for QGIS.

I wonder whether this is an issue with QGIS or v.patch.

Maciek