[GRASS-dev] Modules

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Feb 22 14:23:56 EST 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

>>> To this end, I've started refactoring v.digit in the hope of making it
>>> easier to use a conventional GUI toolkit.
>>>
>>> So far, I've modified attr.c and line.c, corresponding to the
>>> following "tools":
>>>
>>> 	copy cats
>>> 	display attributes
>>> 	display cats
>>> 	new line
>>> 	edit line
>>> 	move line
>>> 	delete line
>> I've now modified the remaining tools, namely:
>>
>> 	split line
>> 	add vertex
>> 	move vertex
>> 	remove vertex
>> 	zoom pan
>> 	zoom window
>>
>> All usage of R_get_location_with_* is now localised to a single
>> function.
>
> The next bit is somewhat more radical, so I haven't committed it to
> CVS yet.
>
> The attached patch completely eliminates the use of the raster library
> and display drivers by v.digit, in favour of a Tk canvas widget. The
> patch needs to be applied from within the v.digit directory.
>
> Testing and comments would be appreciated.

Glynn,

It builds and works. Buts:
- centroids/nodes/points sometimes huge, sometimes tiny, depending on
zoom level,
- slower than before when zooming,
- one has to absolutely not move the mouse for the mouse keys to work;
otherwise it seems mouse keys stopped responding

I'm reffering only to this patch. Other your recent fixes committed to
CVS didn't yield any problems.

If that's not asking too much, could you maybe look into these bugs BTW
working on v.digit, ?

http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2962
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4439
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5164