[GRASS-dev] Modules

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Feb 23 14:15:09 EST 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> >> The remaining step is to reinstate the bgcmd= option.
> >
> > Done; updated patch (again, against CVS HEAD) attached.
>
> I know this is a bit off-topic, but I'm having trouble applying this
> patch. The way I understand the -p option of patch, if I am within the
> grass6 directory, I have to use 'patch -p3 < changes.diff'

Use:
	cd vector/v.digit
	patch -p0 < changes.diff

Normally, I create patches from the top-level directory, so you need
"patch -p0" from the top-level directory. In this case, the patches
were created from the v.digit directory, so you need "patch -p0" from
the v.digit directory.

Essentially, the -p switch indicates the number of leading components
to strip from the pathnames in the --- and +++ lines (the lines before
those aren't significant to "patch").

You only need a non-zero argument to -p if you are applying a patch
from beneath the point where the patch was created. If you are above
that point, you need to cd down into the correct directory.