[GRASS-dev] New v.digit

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 19:57:52 EST 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > The word is "deprecated" (no "i");
> >
> > don't take my word for it; see below,    (sorry about the pun)
>
> 	http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=deprecate

the only relevant entry I see there is
3.	to depreciate;

and some notes that deprecate is often used in place of depreciate..

Rather than falling into a debate about the Latin source of the two
words (lessen in value vs. ward off by prayer) as applied in the modern
Queen's english to software design, I'll just say that this really
doesn't matter to me much at all, my main concern is clarity of meaning
not common spellings.

moving on to more important issues...

Hamish