[GRASS-dev] Re: g.rename consolidation

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 04:37:18 EST 2007

Hi,

just to illustrate my point, that current way of notifying user about
process run is not intuitive.

Take look at this screenshot:
http://www.gisnet.lv/ggmlinux/Grass-25.png

Is r.watershed still runing? (Those, who know GRASS enough, will
notice, that "RUN" button is enabled - r.watershed is not running
anymore) Is r.watershed finised it's run with success? And what would
happen, if gis.m output window is covered (behind) other windows? I
have moved output window to top, but normaly it would be behind all
other gis.m  windows.

r.watershed isn't worst module - just run some of v.* modules, that
require rebuilding tolopgy and picture will become worse, as output in
gis.m output window just scrolls up with every line and that progress
bar/runner just goes far, far away.

Just my 0.002,
Maris.