[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS startup window patches

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jan 7 01:50:43 EST 2007

Now that I know what the changes attempt to do, I tried it out. In my case
at least, after making a new location, it went straight into GRASS. It
didn't return to the startup screen so that the user could decide to use or
not use the new location.

This is not due to Maris' changes, but to the way the startup worked in the
first place. Gis_set.tcl doesn't seem to even run g.setproj. It looks like
it returns to init.sh for this. I'm not exactly sure why it is writing a
bunch of values to stdout just prior to this either. Is it trying to set
some environmental variables for init.sh?

I don't mind committing this, but it seems like we ought to do a bit more
first. What about having gis_set.tcl do the running of g.setproj and then
return to the refreshed startup? This seems like a better, more consistent
way to go.

Michael

On 1/6/07 2:46 PM, "Paul Kelly" <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:

> Apart from those issues it looks good and could be committed I think. I'm
> not sure about the location and mapset names.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671