[GRASS-dev] g.list -a

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 06:26:24 EST 2007

Hi,

2007/1/7, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

[snip]

> > well, the new data type 'all' would be useful. I can imagine, for
> > example `g.copy all=r,r1` or `g.remove all=r`, etc.
>
> I can't imagine that ever being useful. Or, rather, I can imagine the
> danger far exceeding the usefulness, e.g. using "g.remove all=foo" as
> a shorthand for "g.remove rast=foo ; g.remove vect=foo" and forgetting
> that you had a region, icon, etc named "foo" which you didn't want to
> delete.

well, you are right, of course it could be too dangerous feature. On
the other hand the user should know what he/she is doing;-) I can see

1) the special flag in g.list (-a -> all types) Q: the 'type'
parameter should be requested or not requested?

2) the new data type 'all', Q: Should or shouldn't be avoided in other
manage modules (like g.remove, g.copy)?

3) ... ?

Not sure what is better or more useful. If we don't want to use 'all'
in other modules (e.g. g.copy) I think the flag (1) would be (maybe)
better.

Martin
--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *