[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS startup window patches

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 10:26:14 EST 2007

Hello Michael

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Michael Barton wrote:

> Paul, do you know how to get the information in PROJSHARE, as set in
> configure, into an environmental variable instead of the current klunky way
> it's used? I'd like to get this fixed in epsg_option--a last annoying issue.

Sorry, missed this e-mail earlier. I've committed changes to CVS now that
will set an environment variable called GRASS_PROJSHARE which should
contain the correct path. It is set in Init.sh, and if the user sets
GRASS_PROJSHARE before starting GRASS, then they can override it, i.e.
over-ride the value that was set in the configure script.

It can be referenced in epsg_option.tcl as $env(GRASS_PROJSHARE), but I
had some troubles with the Tcl syntax so I didn't commit that part of the
change. Essentially we should re-name epsg_option.tcl.in back to
epsg_option.tcl, make the change there, and change the rule for
epsg_option.tcl in the Makefile to look very similar to file_option.tcl.
But even if you just make the change to epsg_option.tcl.in for now I can
probably fix it up later. Assuming my ADSL connection stays up.

Paul