[GRASS-dev] File based GRASS batch processing?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jan 22 11:09:16 EST 2007

Hi,

I often have to process large data sets on remote
machines which takes more than a day. Since I
cannot keep the ssh connection open for so long,
it would be very convenient to have the possibility
to pass a file (containing GRASS commands) as
parameter to the startup script, say something like:

nohup grass63 -text -batch myjobs.sh ~/grassdata/spearfish60/neteler/ &

I assume that this would require changes in lib/init/init.*
(maybe for now only lib/init/init.sh).

Before wasting time on this, any suggestions for a best
implementation? Maybe I am overlooking an easy solution.

Markus