[GRASS-dev] r.li (landscape indices)

Roberto Antolin roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it
Tue Jan 30 08:29:00 EST 2007

Hi all,

>These new modules are longer (21,18,15):
> v.lidar.edgedetection
> v.lidar.growing
> v.lidar.correction
>
>suggestion:
>
>v.lidar.edgedetection -> v.lidar.edgedetect or v.lidar.edge ?
> (it is a shame to change as "edgedetection" explains the module well)

I don't like to loose the name either. v.lidar.edgedetect is for sure a
good name too since it still explains the module but it is still 18 char
long. So, I think there is only one solution: v.lidar.edge

>v.lidar.growing -> v.lidar.classify
> (I think "region growing" is misleading & conflicts with GRASS's common
>  use of "region" for raster bounds/resolution; -ing is bad grammar)

Yes, that's probably the best name.

>v.lidar.correction -> v.lidar.filter

The true lidar filter is composed by the three modules all together. So,
I think this is a bad name.
Maybe v.lidar.correct as Brad suggested is better.

Saludos,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolín Sánchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it