[GRASS-dev] GUI region setting

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 04:02:32 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> One very useful tool would be one that could allow a user to change
> the working environment among different locations. There is a tool to
> do this currently (I think it uses g.gisenv internally), but it
> doesn't work very well due to internal issues in GRASS.

g.mapset  (not ending with a "s")

An advantage of this module is that it is softer than the g.gisenv solution,
e.g. it calls $GISBASE/etc/clean_temp as it leaves the old mapset.

 Change current mapset

Usage:
 g.mapset [-c] mapset=string [location=string] [gisdbase=string]
   [--verbose] [--quiet]

Flags:
  -c   Create mapset if it doesn't exist
 --v   Verbose module output
 --q   Quiet module output

Parameters:
    mapset   New MAPSET name
  location   New LOCATION name (not location path)
  gisdbase   New GISDBASE (full path to the directory where the new location is)

Hamish