[GRASS-dev] issue tracking, rt (was: [bug #5504] (grass))

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 19:53:21 EST 2007

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 17:36, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> > Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > > On Wednesday 28 February 2007 20:03, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>
> > > we switched this off on Tuesday and one of Intevation's admin
> > > has send an email to you on this day.
> >
> > I didn't receive that email. I don't use a spam filter. It must have
> > get lost in between somewhere.
> >
> > > Registered users with manipulation rights can still open issues,
> > > which I think is okay.
> >
> > Perfect, thanks.
> >
> > > We probably cannot change this anyway.
> >
> > No need to.
> >
> > > So there is a remote chance that spammers hit the right address.
> > Could you explain how exactly?
>
> I suspect that if they use a forged from address from somebody that is
> a  registered user, they can still send something to the tracker. I
> did not checked if this is a real attack vector. The chances for this
> a quite low compared to other spam hits, so I do not think we should
> spend much energy on it.

I'm not worried about it. It isn't worth their time.

I notice that guests can not post comments on the web interface now,
which means that only folks registed in the bug tracker can (ie devels).
Not so good as regular bug reporters or freelancers without a login
can no longer contribute to an old but still open bug report.

?,
Hamish