[GRASS-dev] [bug #2741] (grass) NVIZ: fly through navigation controls broken

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Mar 5 15:08:37 EST 2007

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2741

Request number 2741 was commented on by 'msieczka' (Maciek Sieczka).
Responding to this message will send mail to the requestor.

			Request Tracker
			rt at intevation.de

Cc: grass-dev at grass.itc.it,m.cuomo at acsys.it

msieczka wrote (Tue, Nov 28 2006 23:26:44):

> I need to look into how the xorg.conf's
>
> Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>
> affect this issue (this is the default setting in all Linux distros I ever
> tried).

So I finally checked it. Yes, this is the culprit. For the flythrough NVIZ
navigation mouse controls to work correctly one needs to set:

Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "false"

in his X server config to prevent X server from interpretting the mouse
left+right buttons as the middle button. "Emulate3Buttons" "true" is often set
 by deafult in various GNU/Linux distros. Is there a way for NVIZ to somehow
ignore this?

Maciek