[GRASS-dev] [bug #3069] (grass) r.mapcalc - warning/errorr amibiguity

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Mar 6 03:45:01 EST 2007

On 05/03/07 23:24, Hamish wrote:
> Maciek Sieczka via RT wrote:
>> r.mapcalc still prints this double information in case 2 same called
>> rasters exit within the accesible mapsets, eg.:
>>
>> WARNING: 'cell/map' was found in more mapsets (also found in nic).

As I've mentioned before somewhere, I find this message a bit confusing,
especially the "also found in" which normally gives me the mapset I am
in and want to use the map of (at least it does so when in mapset user1
of spearfish working on a local copy of a map which is also in PERMANENT).

Couldn't this be changed so that it mentions the _other_ mapsets the map
is in, and maybe mention which map is used by default (I know that in
this case it stops with an error, but many other modules just emit this
as a warning, leaving the user uninformed of which map was used) ?

Moritz