[GRASS-dev] d.menu, d.ask

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 00:16:53 EDT 2007

> Michael wrote:
> > From the grass command line start it up with
> > $GISBASE/etc/wx/gism2.py (this will probably change to just gism.py
> > in a day or so).

as Joel pointed out some time ago, we really do have to find a better
name for the GUI.  grass.py? d.gui?

Glynn:
> 	$ $GISBASE/etc/wx/gism2.py
> 	bash: /opt/grass-6.3.cvs/etc/wx/gism2.py: Permission denied
> 	$ chmod +x $GISBASE/etc/wx/gism2.py
> 	$ $GISBASE/etc/wx/gism2.py
> 	Traceback (most recent call last):
> 	  File "/opt/grass-6.3.cvs/etc/wx/gism2.py", line 5, in ?
> 	    import wx.lib.customtreectrl as CT
> 	ImportError: No module named customtreectrl
>
> Presumably I need a specific version of wxWidgets or wxPython?

AFAIK you need wxPython 2.8.x.

There should be a check added to test for that rather than exiting with
a cryptic error message. In theory by the time the GUI is ready >=2.8
will have trickled down into the distros.

Hamish