[GRASS-dev] new v.support metadata module

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Mar 15 06:56:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have written a new module to set/update vector map metadata
(we darkly remember this functionality from GRASS 5's v.digit):

v.support map=name [organization="phrase"] [date="datestring"]
   [person="phrase"] [map_name="phrase"] [map_date="datestring"]
   [scale=value] [zone=value] [thresh=value] [comment="phrase"]
   [--verbose] [--quiet]

Flags:
 --v   Verbose module output
 --q   Quiet module output

Parameters:
           map   Name of input vector map
  organization   Organization where vector map was created
          date   Date of vector map digitization (e.g., "15 Mar 2007")
        person   Person who created vector map
      map_name   Name of vector map
      map_date   Date when the source map was originally produced
         scale   Vector map scale number (e.g., 24000)
          zone   Vector map projection zone
        thresh   Vector map digitizing threshold number (e.g., 0.5)
       comment   Text to append to the next line of the map's metadata file

and submitted to CVS.

Known bug: long comments are crashing it, I don't know why (C string programming
and me are somewhat orthogonal to each other) - please someone take a look.

Cheers,
Markus