[GRASS-dev] wxPython requirements [was d.menu, d.ask]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Mar 15 12:23:33 EDT 2007

On the wxPython web site there are RPM's and instructions for Debian to get
the latest version <http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#binaries>. I'm not
familiar enough with different Linux flavors to know if this helps or not.

Although we are using Python 2.5, I don't think we have yet used any python
calls that are not 2.4 compatible, since most of the pure python is fairly
basic.

Michael

On 3/15/07 6:09 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> Python 2.5 and wxPython 2.8.1.1
>
> Gentoo only has Python 2.4.3 (2.5 is masked) and wxPython 2.6.3.3.
>
> I guess I'll need to wait until Python/wxPython catch up.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671