[GRASS-dev] wxPython requirements [was d.menu, d.ask]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Mar 16 11:16:19 EDT 2007

Moritz,

On 3/16/07 2:28 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Two issues I can already report, in case it might be useful:
>
> 1) When I add new layers, they are superposed in the layer tree, not one
> below the other. See http://geog-pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/wxgrass1.png.

This is very weird. I don't understand why this should happen for you.
Anyone else have this problem?

> 2) I still have the same problem I've always had [1] with the python
> command guis: they accumulate all the fields of previously called
> commands. See http://geog-pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/wxgrass2.png where you
> see that when calling g.region through the gui menu, then closing the
> command window and calling v.info, the v.info gui window starts with the
> g.region fields... Daniel, do you see the same, i.e. is this a Debian
> problem ?

I had the same issue intermittently. This particular module--now named
menuform.py is much older than the rest of the current wxPython development
and probably needs some comprehensive updating and enhancement.

Michael

> When I get around to compiling wxpython myself (instead of using the
> Ubuntu binaries), I'll see if that makes a difference.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671