[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][335] Wrong output from v.voronoi and v.delaunay

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 01:56:45 EDT 2007

http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=204&aid=335&group_id=21
> code I item #335
..
> Issue type: module bug
..
> Initial Comment:
> v.voronoi and v.delaunay seems not to work correctly with large(?)
> (46647 points) datasets.
>
> Steps to reproduce problem in Spearfish6:
> r.contour input=elevation.dem at PERMANENT output=contours minlevel=1000
>   maxlevel=2000 step=100 cut=10
> v.to.points -v input=contours type=line output=cont_point llayer=1
> v.delaunay input=cont_point output=cont_delaunay
> v.voronoi input=cont_point output=cont_voronoi
>
> Bottom (south) part of output looks OK, but at some point output turns
> into garbage - overlaping areas without any logic.

Unrelated to the validity of the bug, but what's the reason for using
v.voronoi with the output of "v.to.points type=line"? Is it a "real
world" problem or a test case? (help with setting the bug's priority)

are you trying to make a TIN?

#spearfish
g.region vect=roads
v.random out=rand_150k n=150000
v.voronoi in=rand_150k out=rand_150k_Vor
..
Number of nodes     :   450002
Number of primitives:   600001
Number of points    :   0