[GRASS-dev] Re: testing native winGRASS

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 15:51:15 EDT 2007

First of all, I'm an idiot - "more" actually is a normal command on
Windows, not a shell built-in. I was getting it confused with "type".

But even with that, using G_spawn() to run it still doesn't work. I've
done a bit of experimenting with it but not sure why. So I'm leaving
G_system() in where it is working OK for now until we get that sorted.

Changes I've just made in CVS involve:
Create region files in new user mapsets (other than PERMANENT) correctly
(use G_get_default_window() and G_put_window())
Create MYNAME file with fputs()
Update interactive version of r.coin so it works:
Added new G_copy_file() function to libgis to use instead of
system("cp...")
Change system("clear") to G_clear_screen()
Remove checks for absolute paths and logic about saving report file to
home directory - just save it to whatever filename the user gives.
Quote parameters in call to r.stats using double quotes instead of single
quotes so it works on Windows (this applies to cmd and inter versions of
r.coin)

A little note on some of the other functions we were updating:
G_gishelp() and I_list_groups() don't seem to be actually used anywhere so
I haven't bothered improving them more.

Paul