[GRASS-dev] d.rast still noisy

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Mar 22 22:41:47 EDT 2007

This is not an ambiguous action. I'm picking the version of the file in the
current mapset. For that, it is unnecessary to specify the mapset. So what
if there is another file with the same name in another mapset? I may have 10
files with that name in different places. What does this matter. If I want
to pick any file outside the current mapset, I should specify it. I realize
that if I pick a file in another mapset that has a unique name, I don't
*have* to specify the mapset. But I probably should. I *must* specify the
mapset if I pick a file outside the current mapset that does *not* have a
unique name. So I don't see what the purpose of this warning is.

Michael

On 3/22/07 7:30 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>>
>> d.rast is still noisy, even with the quiet flag. Can we turn this
>> stuff off somehow?
>>
>> d.rast agro_soils --q
>> WARNING: 'cell/agro_soils' was found in more mapsets (also found in
>> user1).
>> WARNING: using 'agro_soils at PERMANENT'.
>
> WARNINGs are not affected by verbosity controls. The above warning is
> there for a reason, as you have requested an ambiguous action.
>

> Hamish

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213