[GRASS-dev] Re: Not universal building on Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed May 9 15:55:19 EDT 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> --with-opengl-libs=/usr/X11R6/lib should be the only option needed.
>> Without it, the opengl checks might accidentally find the OSX version
>> of the opengl libs, not the X11 version, and this may be what is
>> confusing NVIZ and causing the crash.
>
> I'm fairly sure that would result in a compile-time error due to
> missing glX* symbols.

Hmm, probably.  It's been a while since I found that I needed to
specify --with-opengl-libs=, so I don't remember what the problem was
exactly.

> But, why would you want an X11 version of NVIZ on OSX?

It's the only way it works reliably right now.  Built with TclTk
Aqua, NVIZ runs initially, but has other problems.  Not to mention
that Tcltk Aqua has general appearance quirks - it almost looks more
out of place on OSX than TclTk X11.

With the focus on moving the GUI to Python I haven't looked into
figuring out details.  Presumably, a non-TclTk version of NVIZ will
be developed.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy