[GRASS-dev] Re: error compiling nviz for Mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu May 10 16:46:50 EDT 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 3:28 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> Even if you get opengl to work by changing this to add the opengl
>> includes, the X11 problem will still remain.  Somehow, the X11 check
>> in configure is failing for some Mac users, unless x-libraries and x-
>> headers are explicitly set.
>
> autoconf's X checks attempt to determine the directories by running
> xmkmf on a minimal Imakefile and extracting the directories from the
> resulting Makefile.

Thanks for the clarification on that.  When I poked around in
configure to see how it checked for X11, I saw the list of dirs and
thought it just tested for the existence of certain files.  Instead
it's actually trying to run something.

I don't know enough about X to say if something is getting messed up
with OSX's X11 setup.  But it sounds like it's not a direct GRASS
problem.  I'll add a note about that to the OSX readme configure
example.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.