[GRASS-dev] v.buffer and v.buffer.ellipsoid

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Wed May 23 23:36:41 EDT 2007

Some time ago I had started work on fixing the bug in v.buffer as I had added code to make v.buffer.ellipsoid. After a bit of experimentation, I found that it is not an easy fix, and may require rewriting most of the v.buffer code as I'm having difficulty deciphering the logic of the original program. After that initial work, I've set it aside, because I don't have the time to commit to what will be a substantial effort on my part at this time. If someone else is capable of fixing this problem first, that would be fine with me. If not, I'll deal with it a few months down the road once I should have a few days to set aside to address this.

Just letting people know, in case anyone is waiting.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)