[GRASS-dev] [bug #2969] can wxPython GUI handle order of options for v.type and alike?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 00:21:16 EDT 2007

H:
MS:
> >> How much longer would the list be if centroid->kernel etc. were
> >> added?
H:
> > AFAICT, there are 12 valid combinations:
> >
> > centroid->kernel
> > centroid->point
> > kernel->centroid
> > kernel->point
> > point->centroid
> > point->kernel
> >
> > boundary->face
> > boundary->line
> > face->boundary
> > face->line
> > line->boundary
> > line->face

Michael:
> Why can't these simply be the valid options allowed for type and
> listed in interface description in this way (or something acceptable
> to the module). Wouldn't that generate a pulldown combobox with these
> combinations to select from?

Now all possibilities are listed in a pulldown menu by v.type.sh.

I'm about to backport this new script to the 6.2 branch, but would like
some advice on how to do this correctly in CVS as a previous attempt has
lead to problems.

v.dissolve and v.centroids were backported to 6.2 (new) by tagging them
with releasebranch_6_2. Now we can't figure out how to update them.

see
 http://www.nabble.com/CVS-branch-problem-tf3764945.html#a10643007

This is blocking us from releasing 6.2.2rc1.

thanks,
Hamish