[GRASS-dev] [bug #2969] can wxPython GUI handle order of options for v.type and alike?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 01:23:09 EDT 2007

Michael:
> > Why can't these simply be the valid options allowed for type and
> > listed in interface description in this way (or something acceptable
> > to the module). Wouldn't that generate a pulldown combobox with
> > these combinations to select from?

Glynn:
> The type option has ->multiple=YES, so you can choose several of
> these, not just one.
>
> Certain combinations aren't valid (e.g. using the same "from" type
> twice doesn't make sense), but there's no way for the module to report
> that fact to the GUI.

I have added conditionalized GRASS 7 code to v.type in CVS to make it
use to= and from= lists instead of type=,,,. It seems to work ok, but
deactivated to avoid breaking the GRASS 6 module interface. In the mean
time we have v.type.sh from the GUI now. Functionality would be lost in
that you could only convert one feature pair at a time.

v.clean tool-order from the GUI is still an issue. Only GUI solution I
can think of is to suggest typing in the command at the gronsole prompt,
as the order can be arbitrary.

Hamish