[GRASS-dev] Startup error ( Mac os X)

Maximilian Maldacker mmaldacker at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:16:27 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,
when starting grass freshly compiled from CVS I get the following
warning :

Warning: location <<UNKNOWN>> at GISDBASE </Users/maxime959/Documents/
grass/grass63/bin.i686-apple-darwin8.9.1> is not a directory or does
not exist

Then I can't load the spearfish data as I get an error message when
trying to access it

Warning: selected location <user1> is not valid.

This problem seems to be the same as the one described by Mortiz in
the winGRASS mailing list, he says he committed a fix but I appears
it didn't work for Mac os X.
(http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/wingrass/2007-May/001092.html)

Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you.