[GRASS-dev] Startup error ( Mac os X)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue May 29 11:40:22 EDT 2007

It looks like your .grassrc6 file is pointing to an invalid location. In
fact, your GISDBASE (GIS data folder) is pointed at your source file. Check
in the .grassrc6 file and either change the GISDBASE and LOCATION settings
to something valid or simply delete them so that GRASS will prompt you to
select a new path.

Michael

On 5/29/07 4:16 AM, "Maximilian Maldacker" <mmaldacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> when starting grass freshly compiled from CVS I get the following warning :
>
> Warning: location <<UNKNOWN>> at GISDBASE
> </Users/maxime959/Documents/grass/grass63/bin.i686-apple-darwin8.9.1> is not a
> directory or does not exist
>
> Then I can't load the spearfish data as I get an error message when trying to
> access it
>
> Warning: selected location <user1> is not valid.
>
> This problem seems to be the same as the one described by Mortiz in the
> winGRASS mailing list, he says he committed a fix but I appears it didn't work
> for Mac os X.
> (http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/wingrass/2007-May/001092.html)
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> Thank you.