[GRASS-dev] Re: WinGrass testing results 6.3.0rc2

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Nov 27 04:49:48 EST 2007

>> NVIZ won’t launch (but did in a recent binary)
This can be somewhat tricky. For me, it fails to launch from within
the MSYS shell as well as a sh.exe started via Window's cmd.exe.

It does start, however when run directly through cmd.exe and also
starts up fine from the gis.m menu.

> It works fine for me. Could you be a bit more specific (how do you
> launch it ? What is the error message ?) ?
>
>> Benjamin, any hope for the all-in-one *.exe package soon?

Yes, sort of. I am making good progress and have succeeded in setting
up a complete compilation environment for GRASS and QGIS on MinGW.
Hopefully, I will be able to push a first beta version onto some
webserver by the end of the year or early next year.

> Are you speaking of an installer or of a self-extracting zip ?

I will look into creating an installer for Windows. This should not
be hard to do. In fact, I think Windows provides pretty much everything
you need for a .exe or .msi installer package.

> Moritz

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.